Enriching life in Central and Eastern California through the ARTS
Apply for the KDA Creative Corps.
Start by crafting a Letter of Intent (LOI) today!
The ARTS enrich communities and transform lives.
But many of our neighbors in the Central Valley and Eastern Sierras lack access to the life-enhancing benefits provided by a thriving arts sector. Artists, cultural workers and arts organizations in our region often struggle to maintain funding for their existing projects, let alone grow.
The KDA Creative Corps exists to help change this narrative by supporting projects that will improve our quality of life and help meet the need for artist expression for those living in the lowest quartiles of the California Healthy Places Index.
Introducing: the KDA Creative Corps
In Fall 2022, the Kern Dance Alliance was awarded a $4.2 million grant and selected by the California Arts Council (CAC) to be an Administering Organization (AO) for the California Creative Corps.
The KDA Creative Corps will provide grant funding for individual artists and cultural workers, arts organizations and social service organizations to fund projects to promote community and civic engagement, spread awareness about water and energy conservation, climate change, emergency preparedness, relief and recovery through the arts.
Our goals are to:
- Create jobs in the creative economy
- Increase the ways in which artists engage in public work
- Uplift counties and cities not strongly represented in prior California Arts Council grant making
- Support artists who identify as representing communities residing in the lowest quartile of the California Healthy Places Index
- Help to cultivate a better California for all
How it Works
All dates subject to change.